○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, April 16, 2010

Steam: Your True PC Gaming Destination

When it comes to buying Personal Computer games via direct download distribution, I tend to favor getting them from Direct2Drive and Microsoft's new Games on Demand instead of Steam. Though Valve's Steam client comes with great functionalities like being a part of the well-established community of gamers as well as having an organized place to find all of the games purchased from the service, I just prefer not having to log on to it to make my game work. The Live client is a little different because it is integrated within the Live-enabled games themselves. I have never had the fear of being locked out of my Steam games if my Internet connection is down or if Valve's server is unavailable though because the Steam client still allows players to access the games offline: so that was never a factor for me.


Steam is ready to take over the PC's direct download market.

My purchase preference is about to change though because the Steam client is finally evolving from its plain and lifeless form into something that rivals the slick interfaces found on the X-Box 360 dashboard and the PlayStation cross media bar. This major overhaul is still in open beta and anyone with access to the Steam client is welcomed to test out the new look. The Steam service is free so if you have never used it before, it is time that you join in on the fun. I must say that I am quite impressed with how attractive everything has become and it made me want to favor Steam as the destination for all of my future PC game downloads. Well, at least after Direct2Drive's "Spring Gaming Fever" sale event is over. If only Steam can do price matching... Then everything would be perfect. Click here to check out the details of the "New" Steam.

I am loving the bold design and the "subtle" push of self-importance.

Much better than clicking desktop shortcuts or browsing the start menu tabs.

No comments: