○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, April 5, 2010

March 2010 Monthly Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:



Total Games Played: 34

March 2010 was an interesting month because I discovered that it was actually the official Achievement/Trophy Whore Month. I sure hope that it's not going to be an annual occurrence and if so, I may have to take a month long gaming vacation just to get away from it all until the "chie/phie" pheromone dissipates from the early spring air...

The most played game last month was Final Fantasy XIII for the PlayStation 3. The game started off being too unfocused but everything came together perfectly somewhere in the middle of the game. I am almost at the end and I am just delaying the inevitable completion just so that I can explore all the massive amount of things that the game still allows me to do before jumping into the climax.

The Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II count above in a combination of the original release and the Chaos Rising expansion. I don't think that it makes sense to have them listed separately since I mostly play the Last Stand mode anyway. I have complete the Chaos Rising campaign with a friend online and the funny thing about this is that I have never completed the original campaign because my old friend quit on me last year when we were playing the game together. I am only 1 or 2 missions away from completing the original campaign and I do plan on getting that done so that I can start a new Chaos Rising campaign using the original's save file.

Taking third place last month is the masterful Mario Kart clone, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (with Banjo-Kazooie) for the X-Box 360. I have unlocked all the racers and the racing tracks but whenever I put the disc in for a quick play, I always ended up playing it for hours with the computer and also against others online. I couldn't really get into the game's mission mode where you have to drive the kart around doing a lot of strange things. It just doesn't work for me but I want to get an all-clear there: you never know, there might be a bonus content attached to it.

Best New Game of the Month:
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie (X-Box 360)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
Deadly Premonition (X-Box 360)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
Resonance of Fate (X-Box 360)

No comments: