○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, April 10, 2010

There is a Reason for that "Traitor" in the Title

No wonder I didn't get a bonus "3" thing last night... Fate: The Traitor Soul for the Personal Computer that i just picked up yesterday doesn't actually contain the first two Fate games! This is definitely the most misleading game box promotion in the history of video gaming: It specifically stated in the back that "This all-new expansion also features the original Fate and Fate Undiscovered Realms as bonus games!" Wow... WildTangent must employ a really confident legal team. After installing the disc, I couldn't find access to the first two games and when I visited the official support forum, it was clarified that the game would allow players to access items and locations from the previous game but the players will not be able to access the adventures found in those games. This mean that now I will have to hunt down those two older titles. Still, I could just play this game but doing that may spoil the experience I would have with the first two games. So those who are interested in Fate, make sure that you don't fall for this expansion's misrepresented content. I was informed that the second entry, Fate: Undiscovered Realms, does contain 2 separate installation discs which does include the original game. It's a good thing that these games are cheap but WildTangent, you have done a very very bad thing. It's not like you don't know how to use the English language - you are based in Washington for galaxy's sake - it's just that you are making a really bad impression for yourself. I doubt that I will be buying anything from you again after I completed my Fate purchases.


A wild tangent indeed.

No comments: