○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing WTF!

Okay, I really didn't see this coming and I feel like I am at an extreme disadvantage. I feel a bit cheated and I am quite upset to discover that Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing actually came out for the Personal Computer!


When I saw this on Steam, I swear I almost had a heart attack!

Wow, how come there was no indication anywhere that it was planned for a PC release? This part makes my blood boil: It's only $29.99 compared to the $49.99 price on the PlayStation 3 and the X-Box 360. I like having Banjo-Kazooie as a selectable character and I love playing as my avatar in the game (he's so dashing as he drives recklessly in his kimono) but those additions are certainly not worth an additional $20! The only logic I can think of with the absent marketing for the PC version is that it looks like the PC version is only available via direct download. Since there's hardly any no cost in making that digital copy available, Sega's focus would be to recuperate the cost of releasing the physical games on the consoles before taking in the sales from PC gamers. This PC version has no online mode and though I am enjoying the game with a good friend of mine online, that very low price could still easily justify this as a PC purchase for me because I mostly play this game offline.


This is from the game's official website.
Notice that there is no mention of the PC version.

No comments: