○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, March 21, 2010

God of War III: Lazy Hard

I just completed a "Normal" mode play through of God of War III just a couple of minutes ago. The game is certainly not my favorite out of all the GoW games but it is definitely worth playing. It took me around 9 hours to complete the adventure but there are still other contents in the game that I would like to get into before I write a final analysis on the game. The first thing that I did as soon as the game ended was I restarted a new game under the "Chaos (Very Hard)" difficulty. I was very disappointed to find out that the game is going for the lazy approach again when it comes to scaling up the difficulty level: the only difference between the modes are how much damage you would incur from enemy attacks. Thus, I would probably just skip playing the higher difficulty levels at this time. I have never been a fan of difficulty options - developers need to have a strong confidence in their vision of what the perfect difficulty balance for their games should be. If they still want to enable difficulty selection, they should at least add better enemy intelligence or gameplay alterations that are not available in the easier difficulty settings.

I thought Kratos had godly strength. So why would he die after two hits from a boss?

No comments: