○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, March 6, 2010

February 2010 Monthly Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:



Total Games Played: 47

February 2010 was a lot of fun, especially with me completing Mass Effect 2 on the Personal Computer. It didn't become the most played game of the month due to its unexpectedly short length but it did land second place. Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 for the X-Box 360 was the obsession of the month: I was trying to get to the top 100 on the leaderboards for each of the game's play modes. I haven't achieved that goal yet but with the recent arrival of ESPGaluda II Black Label, I may have to start back from scratch re-learning the game's intricacies when I eventually return to it.

Third place went to Red Faction: Guerrilla for the PC though I must admit that during a majority of the listed occasions, I only played it for a very short period of time because I was checking to see if the achievement problem with Games for Windows Live had been resolved. By the time I switched back to XP 32-bit late last month, the problem was still there and I am now certain that it will probably stay that way. I did get into the game sometimes despite the annoying technical issue - I just love the physics engine in the game when you destroy the large structures scattered across the map. I often would destroy the base supports of tall towers and then watch them crumble down into bits one floor at a time.

Best New Game of the Month:
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (PlayStation 3)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
'Splosion Man (X-Box 360)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
Deadly Premonition (X-Box 360)

No comments: