○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wii Netflix

Netflix's video stream will soon be available on the Nintendo Wii! There is absolutely no reason why I would ever stream movies to the Wii when I can watch them in higher definition on my Personal Computer, the PlayStation 3, or the X-Box 360 but I am still going to order the free disc anyway so that I can make a comparison on how the service differs on the Wii compared to those other platforms. Those with a qualifying Netflix subscription will be able to reserve the disc by clicking here. There is no set date on when the service will start but Netflix is claiming that it will be available "this Spring". I still don't see any reason why a DVD is needed to enable the video stream because they could have made the software available for download on the Wii Shop Channel. I bet that Microsoft has a lot to do with Netflix's odd PS3/Wii implementations.


But didn't Nintendo claim that the Wii should only be used to play video games?
That was the justification they used to deny the Wii the ability to read movie DVDs.

No comments: