○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Game Alert: Goodbye Ensemble Edition!

Though I own all and played through most of the three Halo games on both the X-Box and the X-Box 360, I have never been a big fan of the series. Sure they are fun and involving but the Halo universe is just a bit too comical and hardly compelling to me. Halo Wars is a must have for me though because it is the last work from the now defunct Ensemble Studios. I have always been a fan of their works, my favorite being Age of Mythology. It was that masterpiece that made me truly enjoy strategy games even though I have played Command & Conquer way before it existed. I am sure that I will be playing this game more than any other games bearing the Halo brand name. It's never too late to say "goodbye" and this purchase is my farewell to Ensemble Studios - Let's hope that the new companies that emerged from former Ensemble staff members will produce more incredible games in the future. This Limited Edition release includes the Mythic Map Pack for Halo 3, an "Honor Guard" Wraith Tank unit, a graphic novel, and a pretty but geeky Spirit of Fire Patch.

I would have liked to see Age of Mythology II but this will have to do.

No comments: