○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Heroes of Newerth: Jerk-O-Rama!

With the open beta for Heroes of Newerth just less than a day away, a patch has been released to change the looks of the game's menu as well as other in-game interfaces. Everything definitely look more streamlined now with slick looking menus and faster setup for online play. There is even a new tutorial option for those who are unfamiliar with the game. But one very important feature seems to have been removed from the game: the "Local Play" option. This option used to be placed on the main menu but it was greyed out throughout the period of the closed beta. Now, the option cannot even be seen anywhere which may mean that it will not even be available in the game's final form. This may not be a terrible setback, as long as the game would allow us to set matches against bots - something that is still not available at this time. If bot-matches are disabled when everything is set and ready, I know that I will not be paying for this game: not even the promise of at least 12 additional heroes on top of the current 60 would convince me otherwise.

Nice menu, now give me my bots.

No comments: