○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dirt 2 Performance Report

After realizing that the difficulty I had installing the game last night was a user error, I was finally able to get to play Codemaster's Dirt 2 today. I must say that this game is certainly the best looking racing game I have ever seen to date. Heck, it's not even far-fetched to declare it as one of the best looking games ever. With my current PC build, I am able to run the game at an average of 52 frames per second with all the game's options set to maximum with 4x MSAA and the native resolution set at 1920 x 1080. At 8x QCSAA, I am able to still run the game quite smoothly at an average rate of 48 fps. The only option that is left at "Medium" is the post processing and this is because this option can only be increased with graphics card and an operating system that can run DirectX 11. The texture works in the game - you can see the smallest cracks on the road - and the real-time lighting are simply incredible. Let's see how long it's going to take for another racer to outperform Dirt 2's graphical feast.

Dirt 2 sets a new visual landmark for racing games.


"Bring it on, Polyphony Digital!"

No comments: