○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, December 18, 2009

November 2009 Monthly Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:



Total Games Played: 38

Dragon Age: Origins really captivated me in November 2009. The game only kept getting better and better the more I played it. One thing was certain during the playtime though - the quickbar access is critical for a smooth gameplay. BioWare should have kept this exclusive for the PC because in a way, they are responsible for making the console owners paying more money for a neutered version of the game. This game will get even better with the user generated contents for the PC - especially with the extraordinary toolkit that was released for the game. Still, just playing through what's already there is overwhelming and addictive enough.

I love Tekken 6. I have not loved any of the Tekken games released after Tekken Tag Tournament so this only means that Namco has truly exceeded my expectations. With Soul Calibur IV being the disappointment that it was, it's nice to see Namco being able to pick themselves up and make such an improved version of their beloved franchise. Even the scenario mode that will have you fight waves after waves of goons before facing a stage boss is highly addictive, adding more replayability to the game.

From the first day I first picked up my 2000th game, Borderlands, I was hooked. Torchlight may be the conventional Diablo-clone but Borderlands is more like the next innovation in the dungeon-clearing treasure-looting role playing genre. The game is incredibly fun to play and once the skill tree is accessible, the game gets even more entertaining. A must have for anyone who either enjoys first person shooters or dungeon crawlers. The idea of the blending between the two may be off-putting but believe me when I say that it was a match made in the brightest corner of the galaxy.

Best New Game of the Month:
Dragon Age: Origins (Personal Computer)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo Wii)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
Phantasy Star 0 (Nintendo DS)

No comments: