○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, December 17, 2009

New Game Alert!

If there is one game that reminds me of my early days of gaming, it would be Sunsoft's Blaster Master for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The game was released on the Nintendo Wii's Virtual Console early this week and after much consideration - I have a balance of 800 Wii Points that I was holding off for something big - I decided to download it yesterday.


Can we please have Sunsoft's incredible Batman next?

As soon as I started playing the game, the sense of nostalgia came rushing in. Despite the much cleaner graphics - my NES years were plagued by disgusting digital noises playing via the RF cable - the game is still as I remembered it. The soundtrack is quite memorable and overall, the game is playable. If you have never heard of this game before, Blaster Master is a platform shooter where you switch between controlling a futuristic vehicle to get around the large Metroid-inspired stages and controlling the driver who can jump out of the vehicle to get into the many dungeons scattered throughout the game world. There are vehicle parts to collect and big bosses to fight. It's one of the best games on the NES.


The game encourages precise play: you'll lose your gun upgrades when you get hit.

1 comment:

Blake said...

That's too funny, I just finished watching Lordkats, Until we win finish playing this game.

I remember playing the heck outta this game. What a classic!