○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, May 28, 2010

Split/Second "Very High" Setting Solution

I am a bit of a graphics whore, I know - I still value gameplay over graphics though don't worry - and last night when I was tweaking with Split/Second's rigid graphics settings, I did it all with the native resolution set at 1920 x 1080. This morning, I adjusted the resolution to 1280 x 720 and the "Very High" setting runs very smoothly on my Personal Computer. I was trying to look for the differences between "High" and "Very High" and it was very slight but it really comes down to the texture resolution and overall clarity and depth of the images and the colors. Perhaps there are more particle effects too, that part is a bit hard to tell. I am so glad I got this for the PC though because even at 720p, this game looks f^&*ing glorious, please pardon my French. I still hope that Black Rock Studio will release a patch to fix this maxed out graphical settings for higher resolution play because I know it's darn possible. This game is no Crysis and I am able to run that very nicely at 1080p.


I now declare you, Split/Second, the best looking racing game to date!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I´ve almost finished this game. It´s a blast! I hope blackrock release a patch quicly to increase framerate to 60.

Loner Gamer said...

I surely hope so! And yes, it's such a great game.