○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Game Alert: Zeldot Edition!

My copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes for the PlayStation 3 is here. You really have to hand it to Atlus, after years of being in total obscurity outside of Japan, they have finally amass legions of loyal fans that ensure massive sales with pretty much anything they release. Remember Demon's Souls? For them to be able to turn a totally weird game like 3D Dot into the talk of the town for PlayStation 3 owners is another example of their growing empire - I got messages from people on my friend's list about how much they love the game, something that doesn't happen that often. So what is the hype all about? Well, there is some validity to the whole thing because 3D Dot is pretty much a Zelda clone. No, not the newer Zelda games, but the pre-Nintendo 64 years. I can see why a lot of people are just crazy about 3D Dot, especially if they have never played a Zelda game before. It's an overhead hack-and-slash adventure game with a really unique graphical presentation that celebrates the blocky look of pixels in a 3D environment. For fans of the Zelda franchise, like myself, the game is an absolute must. For everyone else, the hype will get to them soon enough.


A character creation tool is included: I have seen many Links already.

No comments: