○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Preview: Crysis Special Edition


Crysis Special Edition (2007)
Developer: Crytek GmbH
Platform: PC
Purchase Date: 06/02/2008


Amazing facial details... Now get out of my face!

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started this game. In the back of my mind, I was so scared that my new PC would crush under the game's technical weight. Now, I am so happy to announce that my PC has enabled me to efficiently play Crysis at 1980 x 1080 with all graphical options set at High (no anti-aliasing of course). Everything runs smoothly with an average of 30 frames per second. When the resolution is lowered, the game is able to reach beyond 60 fps. I am now fully convinced that my new PC is a very, very capable gaming hardware. My impatience got me to discover that pre-patch, the game is extremely buggy and the memory leaks it caused was catastrophic to my system. The issues were fully resolved when I updated the game.


Battle of the testosterone.

The game is similar to Crytek's own Far Cry in terms of its lush tropical setting. As a member of the US Special Forces unit on a mission to rescue hostages on a remote island in the Philippines Sea, your character is equipped with a powerful Nanosuit that enhances your combat capabilities. Only one enhancement - armor, speed, strength, and cloak - can be used at a time and they consume the suit's energy bar, adding a nice strategy to the action.


The journey begins!

I am still at the early stages of the game but I am beginning to see where the tale is headed. The storyline isn't that original and the back of the box spoiled what could have been a delicious surprise in the game. The graphics is stunning, the best looking game yet, and the in-game cinematics are well-executed. The "Special Edition" I picked up comes with an audio disc, an additional DVD with bonus contents, and a cheaply made concept art book - in other words, a mediocre Special Edition.


Let's stop fighting and just enjoy the scenery instead.

FIRST IMPRESSION: 4 out of 5

No comments: