○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, May 6, 2010

New Games Alert: Resolution of Fate Edition!

Three games are inducted into my Game Library today: Tom Clancy's EndWar and Tornado Outbreak for the PlayStation 3 as well as Fate: Undiscovered Realms for the Personal Computer. EndWar is a military strategy game where you can use your voice to provide the in-game commands. I really want to use the fancy Bluetooth headset I purchased back in late 2008 but the PlayStation Network community is a quiet one... Since I hardly get to talk to anyone of the PSN, I thought I could get more use of the headset now that I have EndWar. Tornado Outbreak is a Katamari Damacy clone but instead of playing with balls, you are playing with a tornado instead. I like that the game has boss fights and I am looking forward to those encounters.


It was not "fate" that lead me to Undiscovered Realms... It was trickery!

Last month, I picked up the second expansion to Fate called The Traitor Soul because I thought that it included the original game. I found out too late that it didn't and after researching a bit more about the game, the first expansion - Undiscovered Realms that I received today - is supposed to be the one that include the original game. I am happy to confirm that it does indeed! I still don't like WildTangent for their deceitful practice and unless they are making something super impressive, I don't plan on spending any more money on their future products. I am starving for some good Diablo-ish action so I hope that Fate will be able to fulfill this need. It is too bad that the original game and the Undiscovered Realms expansion do not include widescreen support - yucks - but I am willing to stomach this flaw if the gameplay is as good as many claim it to be. [Update Note - 11:23pm: Actually, the game can be played in any widescreen resolution by altering a hidden file using the steps found in the game's official forum.]


I can finally begin my journey into Fate.

No comments: