○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, May 27, 2010

New Game Alert: Split's Port Slip Edition!

I went to the store a couple of hours ago to pick up ModNation Racers for the PlayStation 3 only to discover that the store is not selling the game for $49.99 anymore. I really do not want to pay the full MSRP for the game but I also do not want to leave empty handed so I picked up Split/Second for the Personal Computer. I have been so pumped up to play this title after I tested it out across all the three platforms that it has been released on.


I love the yin & yang feel of the cover art.

Performance-wise, I am able to smoothly run the game at 1080p on my PC with the graphical quality settings set to "High". It's such a great looking game and this version is surely the prettiest of them all. When I tried the "Very High" setting, the game is not playable at all and it was running at 10 frames per second ouch! But looking at the recommended system requirements - Nvidia GeForce 8800GT or better, 2.0 GB RAM for Windows XP, & 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor - there is absolutely no reason why my PC cannot run it smoothly. Many others report the same problem with the highest setting and they have the latest and greatest PC setups. I blame it on poor optimization because Black Rock Studio apparently spent too much time making the console versions as the shoddy four-page instruction manual seems to indicate. Hopefully, a patch will be released to remedy the situation so that people could experience the game's maximum graphical potentials. [Update Note: I was able to make the "Very High" setting playable by adjusting the game to 720p.]


Perhaps the game can become the most beautiful racer ever...
...when the "Very High" setting is fixed.

The last thing I want to bring up is the new SecuRom setup that's included in the game that should make people who are often wary about this Digital Rights Management tool reconsider their stance. There is now an option included with the game to revoke the license attached to the computer! There's no more need to look for a revoke tool to download when it becomes a natural part of the game installation. So when you are tired of the game, revoke away with ease! Let's hope that this will become a standard for all SecuRom-based PC games.


License deactivation should always be this visible and easy.

No comments: