○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, May 6, 2010

April 2010 Monthly Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:



Total Games Played: 58

April 2010 was the month when I thought that my life would be dominated by Culdcept Saga again. That light of hope though diminished over time. I had a feeling that my friends' interests in this game are platonic at best - maybe it doesn't help that the game doesn't reward achievement on a consistent basis. The person who was convinced to get the game this month didn't really communicate to me how he felt about the game after he test run it but I know how to translate that into something meaningful. I don't get how some people just can't be honest about things because I rather hear him say that he's not interested in spending time on the game. The funny thing here is that he didn't even try the demo on Live Marketplace before he picked up the game, something that I always encourage people to do before they invest on a copy of Culdcept Saga. It's either that or he was just too wrapped up in Left 4 Dead but at this point, I really don't know and I really don't care.

The Culdcept Saga disappointment lead me to find solace in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force. I would usually play this game early in the morning when I wake up and before I go to sleep at night. Though my favorite game in the series thus far is Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of Destiny for the X-Box - due to the beautiful digital representation of the cards themselves - there is of course more content in Tag Force. It's also fun to discover so many different strategies that the computer opponents use. My card collection is still pretty small but I can see myself attempting to get all of them that are available in this version before moving on to another Yu-Gi-Oh! game. Unless of course 5D's Decade Duels suddenly arrives on the X-Box 360.

Best New Game of the Month:
Beat Hazard (Personal Computer)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity (Personal Computer)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
Resonance of Fate (X-Box 360)

No comments: