○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Game Alert: Remote Pixel Edition!

There are so many direct download games on sale lately that I have been focusing on getting them instead of the retail releases. The latest in this string of game downloads is PixelJunk Monsters for the PlayStation 3. It's a tower defense game where you are tasked to kill waves of enemy monsters before they can reach your base. These kind of games usually involve you moving a target cursor around the map so it's refreshing to control a sloppy little character about instead. With this game, I now have three out of the four PixelJunk games available from the PlayStation Network Store. I am not interested in PixelJunk Racers though so don't expect it to show up in my Game Library ever.

Wouldn't it be great if all games are this cheap?

I noticed that this game supports the "Remote Play" cross function between the PS3 and the PlayStation Portable. The other PixelJunk games do as well but since I have never used this feature before, I decided to try it out for the first time. I must say that I am pretty impressed with how everything looks on the PSP screen. The game itself feels a bit sluggish - I tested PixelJunk Shooter as well: same result - but the Xross Media Bar navigation is smooth and beautiful. I don't see myself using this feature often but it is definitely fun to check out the accessible things from the PS3 from the PSP.


It's a mini-PS3! Love it!

No comments: