○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, May 10, 2010

New Game Alert: Falling in the Dark Edition!

I snatched this one up for my Personal Computer from Direct2Drive before their Spring sale event ended earlier today. Dark Fall: Lost Souls is the third entry in the Dark Fall series. It's basically a point and click adventure but what sets these games apart from the rest are the rich narrative and sometimes spooky atmosphere. You play as an inspector who is investigating the disappearance of a little girl. The game is pretty much a one man project from game designer Jonathan Boakes and the its technology is an obvious reflection of that: Lost Souls has a native 4:3 aspect ratio and employs cheap tricks to convey 3D space. I still love these kind of games though but I think it's time for point and click adventures to fully embrace modern graphical technologies and abandon the "classic" design limitations of the yesteryear.

A creepy newspaper clipping that doubles as a convenient plot device.

No comments: