○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Version Decision


You think you can fool me Sega? Think again.

The PlayStation 3 demo of Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing is available for download today and all I can say is that Sega is very, very smart. The PS3 demo has a different racing track than the one presented on the X-Box 360: you get a Billy Hatcher-themed track here instead of the Sonic-themed one on the 360. Sega is trying to trick us - it is obvious that the PS3 version doesn't look as sharp as the 360 version and for them to present the same track layout would have been disasterous. The frame rate is lower in the PS3 demo as well but of course there is no way I can say that the 360 version would perform better on the same racing track. Though it is hardly as bad as the Bayonetta port disaster, the 360 version wins the vote here for me because of its more vibrant visuals and crystal clear clarity. And oh, did I mention that the 360 version gets a special appearance from Banjo-Kazooie? For those who have the option to choose between the two: Don't be silly - games first before consoles.


Winner!

1 comment:

Blake said...

That's crappy what SEGA is doing but I did have alot of fun with the game.