○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Achievement Whore? Not on XP 64!

Hey, that rhymes! As much as I don't hunt for achievements on the X-Box 360 nor on the Live-enabled Personal Computer games, I am aware that they exist. They don't mean much to me - until that is, if they are not working as they should be! Since the last Games for Windows Live client update late last year, XP 64 owners - myself included - have not been able to keep any unlocked achievements from any Live-enabled games. Because I rarely ever check my achievement sheet, I wasn't even aware of it until the beginning of this year when I realized that the achievements that popped up during my playtime with Tinker and Red Faction: Guerrilla are not showing up on my Live profile. Worse still, it's not just a syncing issue between the PC's Live client and the player profile because a day or two later, the achievements that showed unlocked on the Live client would disappear forever and the player will need to unlock them again!


Yesterday: To test out whether the problem has been fixed,
I went ahead and unlocked this particular achievement for the 50th time.

Those who use other versions of Windows may experience the same problem but the issue becomes fixable for them by deleting and then recovering their online profile from the Live client. As I mentioned earlier, I don't hunt down these achievements but when something doesn't work as it should, it sure irritates the heck out of me - especially when it remains unresolved for close to three months. Microsoft has been really hush-hush about this issue on their official forum and at this rate, the only fix for me is to leave Windows XP 64 behind for Windows 7 sometime in the future.


Today: It is still not showing up on my X-Box 360 nor the Live website.
The achievement is also mysteriously removed from the PC's Live client.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Unbelievable! I bought this game for the achievements and I have the same issue. Why on xbox everything works properly but on pc the Windows live client is a piece of crap?

brander said...

im having this issue as well, tho you're the first web reference i can find that makes it seem that it's an xp 64 specific bug, which sucks because all i have is xp 64!