○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, February 12, 2010

A Sonic Game Full of Win? No Way!

Well, technically, it's not a Sonic game. I just played the demo of Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing by Sumo Digital on the X-Box 360 and I must say that it is totally magnificent. The game features a bunch of Sega characters - including Ryo from Shenmue mind you - racing against each other in full force around fully realized Sega-themed racing tracks. If you have seen the tennis courts in Sega Superstars Tennis, just imagine those bright environments but only more expansive and moving at top speed!


I want to fly sky high! Let's go-o-o-o together!

The game is a total Mario Kart clone but that is not a bad thing! From the one Sonic-influenced track that is playable in the demo, I can easy say that the racing is tight and the computer opponents are challenging. The graphics are incredibly detailed despite the game being ported to the Nintendo Wii and the soundtrack is so classic Sonic and I can listen to it over and over and over again. Sega is definitely hitting the jackpot with this one and I am sold! I look forward to the demo on the PlayStation 3 but knowing Sega's history with PS3-ports, this game is probably going to perform better on the 360 but you never know. The game is scheduled to be released on the 23rd of this month!


Akira... in a racing game? Pure insanity!

FIRST IMPRESSION: 5 out of 5

No comments: