○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dawn of War II's Sweet Surprise

My carefree method of playing video game makes it hard sometimes for me to keep up with important updates to these video games that I own. I jumped on Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II today for the first time in months and was surprised by the new The Last Stand mode that was added in October of last year.


I am always up for a good co-op session.

This survival mode allows up to three players to battle cooperatively to survive waves of enemy hordes and it is a blast to play. The sad thing about it is that there are only three hero units that can be selected and there is only one map to play it on. You can build up your character's level with each play and unlock more powerful items the higher you go. I wish that Relic Entertainment would expand this play mode a little more with more characters and levels. I really think they have found themselves a gold mine here: There are so many things they can do to further exploit this part of the DOWII experience. The Last Stand an interesting evolution of the hero-focused gameplay introduced in the main game in itself because in this mode, you are only controlling a single unit, making it even less of a strategy game and even more of an action role playing game hybrid. Love it!


The more you play, the more powerful your character becomes.

1 comment:

Guido said...

You know that there's an expansion for DoW2 coming in a week or so, right? It will add a Tyranid and a Chaos hero to Last Stand, too :)