○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, February 22, 2010

The Lich King's Wrath

In September of last year, I picked up World of Warcraft's Wrath of the Lich King expansion and subscribed to 6 months of play time after leaving the game behind for quite some time. The reasoning behind my return was my excitement about the upcoming Cataclysm expansion. I probably have only used half of the game time that I subscribed too, maybe even less. I lost momentum after merely a month of playing and now, the subscription expiration is due in a matter of weeks. When I started playing the game again, I set some goals for myself. Let's see if I was able to fulfill any of them:

1) Get my level 70 Priest and my level 63 Druid to level 80.
Result: My Priest is now level 77 and my Druid is at level 70.

2) Create an Alliance Warlock and level him/her up to 80 - not sure if I could stomach the whole Alliance vibe though. My first ever WoW character was a human Warlock but when I joined my friends on another server, I deleted him... Silly me. Result: I have a Human Paladin who is below level 10 and yes, I still can't stomach the Ally vibe!

3) Spend more time having fun and less time worrying about jerks. Result: Success!

I suppose one out of three is not so bad. There are so many good changes to the game but I think the problem that I have with the game now is commitment, pure and simple. The game isn't too demanding anymore with Blizzy nerfing high level dungeon runs left and right though getting the next set of epics is always a bit of a chore and the latest sets don't even look that great. I am going to spend more time playing this game before my subscription expires prior to making a final determination on whether or not to keep everything going or to leave the world of Azeroth behind again.

This Shadow Priest has lost his way...
Will he return to the path? Or will he leave everything behind forever?

No comments: