○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, June 3, 2010

ModNation Racers: Now Loading Creativity

If you think that ridiculously long loading time in video games doesn't exist anymore, think again. ModNation Racers has the most obnoxious amount of loading screens in a modern game, period! I can understand if the long load time only happens when trying to play custom tracks made by players online but even when you are racing on the story mode tracks, the game would still take about a minute to load! Switching between the different screens of the game is also cumbersome because of the load time. The load time problem aside, the game is pretty fun but I must say I rather play Blur and Split/Second than this game.

I want to write a bit about the top player created characters that are being displayed in the main hub of the game. Here are the current selections:


Mario, Iron Man, and Spider-Man.

These mods are amazing - they show just how flexible the character creation tool is - but one thing irks me about this: The possibility of creating completely original characters is limitless yet it's all about recreating popular and familiar characters. I have seen some really impressive looking drivers that are not based on iconic, recognizable characters. I have a lot more respect for people who take the liberty to do something completely original with their design: It's unfortunate that they will probably never be featured in the top mods because it's all a "popularity contest" here.

No comments: