○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, June 4, 2010

Horny for Some HoN

I have been watching several Heroes of Newerth live streams on Justin.tv and I must say that I got a little jealous seeing a bunch of good friends playing the game together because of how calm and patient these people were with each other. As I have mentioned too many times in the past, the game has some serious problems when it comes to its overall community - too many jerks and ragers - that it becomes a complete turn off for me to play the game. Watching the live streams offers a glimpse of how great the experience of playing the game could be. The dilemma here is similar to the dilemma I am still having with finding people who would play Culdcept Saga with me - friendship is not something that can be forced and when it happens, it's usually progressed naturally and mutually. Finding "random" people to add to my list of people to play with may reveal personality conflicts down the road and just jumping on the game to look for like-minded people is similar to looking for a needle in a mansion filled with haystacks. I think I may look for a friendly clan to join or people to interact with on the forum - I am surprised that my beta login still works. In the meantime, I should go play some League of Legends to satiate this sudden hunger.

By the way, just a quick follow up to the Super Street Fighter IV challenge I received yesterday. So my friend and I finally got together tonight and we played about 8 matches before my friend decided to leave to play something else: I won each match. Here's the funny thing about this though - I don't call myself an expert in the Street Fighter games though I have played too many of them in the past. By the way that I was being taunted non-stop while I was in the X-Box Live party prior to starting the matches, I was sure that I would be decimated by my friend. I may be losing another "friend" here because it's apparent that he doesn't like to lose: it's not like I was winning with perfect rounds and I switched my character after every match. I have played other games before with him where I kept losing to him but the thing is, I don't mind being completely pwned in a game as long as I am having fun playing it. Unfortunately, not everyone feels that way. I think some people only keep their friends so that they could score easy wins in games to make them feel better about themselves. Sure I get frustrated sometimes when I am on a losing streak but I value camaraderie over all else. The guy hasn't been talking to me for a while until the SSFIV "comeback opportunity" so I think I know where things are going between the two of us.


Playing with 4 close friends in HoN is good but playing with 9 of them is even better!

No comments: