○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, July 19, 2009

June 2009 Monthly Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:



Total Games Played: 52

As you can probably tell from the game's review posted earlier this month, most of my play time in June 2009 was dominated by Demigod. The game was such a pleasant surprise for me and it couldn't have come at a better time because it was able to satisfy my need for a rewarding action role playing experience in the same vein of the player-versus-player battlegrounds found in World of Warcraft that I almost return to last month. This game is definitely the best purchase I have made this year and despite its technical shortcomings and its poor online community, I keep coming back to it over and over again. Here's a funny little fact: After I posted the review, I have only experienced one occurrence of fatal crash while playing the game compared to the random crashes that occurred once or twice every hour or so before. I sure hope that Gas Powered Game will unleash more Demigods into the game soon on top of the 8 spectacular ones available at the moment.

Raiden Fighters Aces took the number two slot - It's so easy to just sit down and play this great shooter for a quickie 15-30 minute session. The game disc has been sitting inside my X-Box 360 most of the time and I would play the game every time I turn the system on, even when I wanted to play other games at that moment - like a couple of the other 360 games listed above.

I was very determined to get really deep into Guild Wars. I was even able to find a new friend who has explored a majority of the game's content to play with. It didn't last though so I only ended up playing it for about 5 days. I can tell you now that so far, I haven't even logged in to the game this month. I did enjoy the time I spent while I was playing the game and I know that the culprit that is stopping me from going back to it is definitely Demigod. I will have to get back to Guild Wars soon.

Tied with Guild Wars is Infamous, a game that I found to be a bit boring. Every time I played it, I felt like I am forcing myself to proceed through the game and that clearly indicated that I was just not in the mood to get into that game at all. The open world structure is just so... last decade. I really wish that developers would stop making Grand Theft Auto III clones already. Infamous does have its interesting bits - like the lightning/electricity super powers - so I will have to give it another chance in the foreseeable future.

Best New Game of the Month:
Demigod (Personal Computer)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
The Sims 3 (Personal Computer)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
Overlord II (Personal Computer)

No comments: