○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, July 27, 2009

Don't Get Stuck with the Stickers

While scouring the gaming channels on YouTube, I noticed that there are these videos on how to completely remove pesky price-tag stickers off the DVD case or the CD jewel case of a game. I don't experience this problem much with console games because I never buy them used but I do experience that frustration sometimes with Personal Computer games. Most of these demonstration videos show some truly bizarre and crude ways of removing the stickers and even the better ones - like using a grease remover or a blow dryer - take time. There was a time in the past when I would use heat to remove these stickers: I would hover the sticker area over the light bulb of my table lamp for a couple of minutes before easily stripping the sticker away. This method works great but the success rate is lower with stickers that have been left alone for too long because those tend to leave a bit of residue behind.
I later discovered the following product: Ecoline Contact Cleaner by Techspray. It's mostly used for electrical components by computer technicians and I was introduced to it by one of them. I am telling you, this is the easiest way to remove unwanted stickers from your video game cases. You basically spray the product directly on top of the stickers and moments later, the stickers would literally melt away when you wipe them off with a piece of cloth. The greatest thing here is that it doesn't have any detrimental impact on the plastic underneath the stickers. As mentioned earlier, my sticker problems these days usually come from PC games and this even works on the cardboard box game packaging though you want to be more careful with the process because it could potentially wash out the prints on the box with excessive spraying. I have left comments on the YouTube videos I encountered, recommending others to use this excellent product. I never hear back from these individuals but I sure hope that they would give this product a try. If you are one of those gamers who still have ugly stickers on your game cases/cartridges/etc. and are too mortified to peel them off because you don't want to make them look worse, here's the effortless solution to your problem. Enjoy!

Shop at Gamestop much? The Ecoline Contact Cleaner is your friend!

No comments: