○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Games Played 06/29/2009



RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Legaia 2: Duel Saga (2002)
Developer: Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Platform: PlayStation 2
Purchase Date: 10/05/2002


I know I'm behind on my Daily Game Log but you don't have to be pushy about it!

Just because I purchase a game, it doesn't mean that I will be playing that game immediately. I have mentioned before that I would at least try out my new purchases to make sure that they are working properly. I just like knowing that I have those games in my library so that I can access them at any given time. Sometimes, a game is so good that I can't stop playing it and a great a example of this is Legaia 2: Duel Saga. When I picked up this game, I was busy playing some other games at that time and I made a clear decision from the get go to play it a little bit later in the near future. Once I put the disc into my PlayStation 2 though, it stayed in there until I completed the game. What really pulled me in were the 3D models of the characters and the way they interact with each other. During that time, mature, tall, and well-proportioned characters in Japanese role playing games were a rarity and having them properly animate to portray character interactions were even more so. Besides the fresh visuals, the game also has an interesting turn-based battle system where you enter directional button inputs to execute different attacks. Some combinations will result in the execution of special moves, just like the commands in a fighting game. The story starts off with a quest to recover your village's stolen magical artifact but of course this eventually lead to a more desperate mission of saving the world. The story doesn't impress but the characters are memorable. What is impressive about this game though is the invisible loading time - another rarity in the genre post-cartridge era. Going in and out of houses, towns, and even battle screens take merely a second or two - this truly encourages full exploration of the game's content.

LIBRARY STATUS: 4 out of 5

No comments: