○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Games Played 06/21/2009



RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Mega Man Anniversary Collection (2003)
Developer: Capcom Co., Ltd.
Platform: Nintendo GameCube
Purchase Date: 2004


If Mega Man 8 can be this pretty in 2D, why must Mega Man 9 look so awful?

Before I completed my undergraduate studies a decade ago, it had never been easy for me to buy video games. I didn't come from a wealthy family and to get just one game sometimes meant that I would have to skip lunch or dinner so that I could save up to get it. Back in 1994, Mega Man: Wily Wars was released for the Sega Genesis and I wanted to buy it because I never gotten the chance to play the first 3 Mega Man games contained within during the NES years - the financial situation was even worse back then. I did play the awesome Magical Doropie though (the original Japanese version of The Krion Conquest) and I absolutely loved it! After much deliberation, I ended up buying some other Genesis game that I can't recall anymore so I missed out on the Genesis compilation as well. So when this Anniversary Collection was released, I was extremely excited, not only due to the nostalgic factor but also for the fact that I had always wanted to own and play these classic games. I wasn't disappointed at all - this collection contains all 8 Mega Man games from the NES and the SNES as well as 2 previously unreleased Mega Man arcade fighting games. The collection contains a very cool menu screen where you control the "man" himself as he navigates through sets of doors to access all the game's available options. The only problem with this release is that you cannot customize the button layouts and the default jump/shoot settings feel awkward on the GameCube's oddly positioned face buttons. My favorite? It has got to be Mega Man 3!

LIBRARY STATUS: 4 out of 5

No comments: