○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Playing in the Dirt

Ever since I got the game last year, I have been incredibly slow when it comes to my progress in playing Dirt 2 for the Personal Computer. Things have been beginning to pick up for me though as I found myself coming to the game again and again over these past couple of days. How could I have abandoned a game so beautiful to behold and incredibly engaging to control? I have finally unlocked the final two areas of the game - but still not all of the available tracks - and I must say that I was impressed with the visuals of the first race set in Utah:

You can see all the way into the distance and you eventually drive between those two mesas!

When it comes to racing games, I am always a big fan of long view distances and the incredible sense of space on this track is simply remarkable. It's amazing what those people at Codemasters can do to make what could have been a barren place so alive and exciting. And this game was made when? In 2009? It is definitely still one of the best looking games I have ever seen. I am so glad to be back playing Dirt 2 and I can see myself trying to unlock all the contents found in the game. I am also still playing the game at "Casual" difficulty, which is not very challenging anymore, so I am ready to tackle the harder settings and see if I can master them. Even with Dirt 3 coming out late this month, I think I will still be happy with just playing this one for a while.

No comments: