○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April 2011 Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:


Total Games Played: 43

It is getting a bit boring writing about this now because yet again, the most played game for the month is League of Legends on the Personal Computer. It only missed 2 days from being played every single day of the month and for it to stay on top for this long, you know that it is a very special game to me. I am still urging those who have not played the game to check it out. It will not cost you a single penny to do so, even though it may ended up costing you a lot of your free time but you will not regret every single moment of it.

My adherence to the Yourself!Fitness program for the original X-Box has resulted in the game taking the number two slot for this month. Basically, I use the software six days a week with Saturday being my workout free day before the eventual Sunday torture session. Now that I have a month worth of grind under my belt, the physical changes are getting more and more noticeable. Just yesterday, someone mentioned that I got a pointy chin again - yes, my face was getting a bit chunky so I am glad to be able to revert that process effectively. A message to those who are letting themselves slip when it comes to their physical health: adopt an exercise routine and stick to it. Success comes from consistency, as I am frequently reminded by Maya - and even if you are doing as little as fifteen minutes a day, you will see a change in you. Start today!

Next, we have Phantasy Star 0 for the Nintendo DS. I always wanted to get back into the game - it is one of the better Phantasy Star Online games of late - and level up my one character but it's easy to get distracted away from the game because the graphics for it are a little rough. With Darkspore coming into the picture, it looks like PS0 is going to be abandoned again for quite some time unfortunately. By the way, the day count for Dynasty Warriors 7 for the PlayStation 3 would have been higher if the PlayStation Network didn't go down on us - yes, I am still disgusted by Sony's "Welcome Back" reward.

Best New Game of the Month:
The Sims: Medieval (Personal Computer)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
Nier (PlayStation 3)

I Missed You, I Want You Game of the Month:
Portal 2 (PlayStation 3)

No comments: