○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Of Windows and Witchers

I have finally arrived.

My Windows 7 installation was filled with some moments of terror - I had to restart the process 3 times because the disc was unreadable - but once that obstacle was cleared, everything else that came after was a breeze. So I am now all set and ready to game on my new operating system. The first order of business of course is to reinstall League of Legends. To celebrate the occasion however, I inducted The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings that just happened to be released today into my Game Library. Made by CD Projekt RED, this is the direct sequel of the cult hit action role playing game The Witcher and here, you continue to play as the rugged monster-hunter Geralt. The most prominent thing about this release is that all the initial prints are packaged as "Premium" editions and they are presented with a host of extras like a making-of DVD, a soundtrack CD, a world map, as well as an interesting "papercraft". Unfortunately, the game also comes with a rather thick Game Guide - a useless item and a horrible idea to include with any game: what's the use of playing a game if you are just blindly following a detailed instruction on how to beat it? If this Premium edition doesn't sound like your cup of tea, there is an extremely expensive "Collector's" edition of the game being sold as well and it comes with a large sculpture of Geralt's head. I really don't know why people would pay $129.99 for that but then again, I never understood why people pay for a PlayStation Plus subscription either.

The game is Nvidia 3D Vision Ready. Hope the 3D looks great.

No comments: