○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Heroes of Newerth: Report a Player?

I have been seriously reconsidering playing Heroes of Newerth again lately and today, an email from S2 Games is really enticing me to just move forward with that decision:


You know that the community is getting way out of hand
when the problem is being officially addressed in such a fashion.

The most exciting piece of information in the email is the upcoming "Report a Player" function and S2 Games' desire "to mercilessly clean up the behavior" of the game community. How effective is this going to be in fixing people's repulsive personality? Probably not effective at all. You can't really force people to be nice. Nonetheless if abusive behaviors are not tolerated, at least it will make people think twice about being extremely rude. The true solution for a worry-free friendly session of HoN is still to find like-minded people to play the game with. There's only so much that the developer can do to control all of the nastiness that has plagued the social aspect of the game but this is an effort that I can appreciate. I'll have to think about this a bit more before I make my determination. In the meantime... More League of Legends!

No comments: