○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, July 10, 2009

Games Played 06/22/2009

Demigod - PC
Guild Wars - PC


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Chrono Cross (2000)
Developer: Square Co., Ltd.
Platform: PlayStation
Purchase Date: 08/17/2000


Oui, oui. Très intéressant... Wait a minute, how come Harle has a French accent?

Chrono Cross is the sequel to the great Chrono Trigger and it also bears the honor of being the first and only game that I have ever ordered from the Gamestop online store. Better yet, it was actually pre-ordered online! Then, the coolest thing happened: I received a Chrono Cross clock, a soundtrack CD, and a poster with the order - I didn't even know that I would receive these things so the whole thing came in as a pleasant surprise. Chrono Cross is a great role playing game but it's hardly the masterpiece that many claim it to be. The problem for me is that the story is just a little too convoluted and the huge roster of underdeveloped characters that become members of your group unfortunately make matters worst. The game revolves around a teenager named Serge who encounters a parallel universe where he has died 10 years ago. His investigation into the phenomenon leads him, of course, into an adventure of epic and confusing proportions. I do like the turn based battle system and it's always great to see three characters running around the screen instead of having your team members fused into character while exploring the map. The game does offer the best visuals on the console and it was obviously tailor-made to use the texture-smoothing effects of the PlayStation 2. I also want to note that this game has my favorite intro movie ever and that stirring soundtrack that accompanies it is phenomenal.


This clock is one of the first things I look at when I wake up in the morning.

LIBRARY STATUS: 3 out of 5

No comments: