○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

He's a Witcher, Not a Hag

I installed The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings on my Personal Computer last night to finally take it on a test run and I am happy to report that I was able to get the game to run smoothly at 1920 x 1080 with all of the graphics settings maxed out but with the slightly unnecessary "Uber Sampling" disabled. CD Projekt Red's new RED Engine is truly a sight to behold. This is easily one the better looking games I have seen in a while with massive environments and highly detailed character models. I don't particularly fancy the game's art style but seeing the exquisite details on the armor and the clothing of the most insignificant non-player characters is just remarkable. The Witcher 2 is meant to be played using the X-Box 360 controller since the game is going to be ported to that console in the future but there is absolutely no way the 360 version will even come close to the graphical finesse found on this PC version so if you are actually thinking that you want to get the more expensive 360 iteration of this game, you are going to be missing out big time.

Update Note: 05/29/2011 - The depth of the stereoscopic 3D is great but enabling Nvidia 3D vision does take a toll on the game's frame rate even after Patch 1.1. If you like playing in 3D, you must accompany that mode with a much lower graphics settings to make everything run smoothly.

Geralt may not be the best looking hero but at least he is a hero of a good looking game.

No comments: