○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Games Played 03/28/2009

Resident Evil 5 - X-Box 360
Rez HD - X-Box 360


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II (2003)
Developer: Sonic Team
Platform: X-Box
Purchase Date: 04/29/2003


I am glad that the character data is not saved on the server. Level 129 for the win!

Phantasy Star Online is arguable the best pseudo-MMO ever made, making it the last gaming masterpiece by the now laughable and non-effective Sonic Team. I started playing it ever since it arrived on the Sega Dreamcast back in 2001 and I was completely addicted to it. Best of all, the game was free to play online. When Ver. 2 came out that same year, it was the beginning of the end for PSO. I did upgrade to Ver. 2 because I wanted to see the new content but after realizing that paying a monthly subscription fee didn't eliminate the over-abundance of cheaters and hackers in the game, I stopped playing it. I made a mistake of selling both of those games too. It was an idiotic move and that is why I don't sell my games anymore no matter how bad they ended up being. When this X-Box version came out, I missed the game so much that I had to buy it. I only played the game for several months though. PSO is pretty much a dungeon crawler where you take 3 other friends with you to go through instanced stages and battle through hordes of enemies before facing a huge stage boss. There are a lot of rare items to be found and the game is ridiculously addictive. You can meet a lot of players in the stage hubs and you can switch between these ships (or servers) at any time. The pay-to-play just doesn't gel with me on this version too because even though you get a constant stream of additional content, the game is not grand enough to warrant a monthly fee. If only my significant other would play this game with me locally... I'd be in heaven. I should really make an effort to look for a local gamer friend to hang out with.

LIBRARY STATUS: 4 out of 5

No comments: