○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, October 4, 2010

September 2010 Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:


Total Games Played: 40

I played League of Legends on the Personal Computer almost every day last month and I don't think that this pattern is going to stop any time soon. This game is just extremely fun, pure and simple. To think of all the expensive games being sold other there and here we are, a truly free to play game that plays better than any one of them. To think that I was about to give up on this genre due to the bad experience I had playing Heroes of Newerth. I am glad I went back to LoL. I keep reminding myself to return to HoN however because I am very curious to see if S2 Games made good on its promise to clean up the community.

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies for the Nintendo DS took the second place slot. I try to play the game about an hour or two before I go to sleep at night mostly. The game wasn't that exciting for its first several hours but things definitely picked up after the solo section was over and more adventurers joined the party.

Tied at third place were My Aquarium for the PlayStation 3 and Rogue Galaxy for the PlayStation 2. I recently had a renewed interest in Rogue Galaxy and that interest is still going strong. I must say that the "factory" section of the game where you have to design mechanical production lines to create new items was a bit of a turn off for me because it was unnecessarily complex at the beginning.  As for My Aquarium, I am definitely planning to keep that on my display whenever I am relaxing in my Game Room.

Best New Game of the Month:

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
Alan Wake (X-Box 360)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
Recettear: An Item Shop Tale (Personal Computer)

2 comments:

pvpnet said...

Too bad you gave up on HoN. It is one of the best releases this year. Plus it's what the DotA based game genre should be all about.

Loner Gamer said...

Heroes of Newerth is a lot of fun - The game itself is great, it's the community that is a real turn off for me. I do have a HoN account, so I have never given up on the game, it's just a matter of time before I revisit it and hopefully when that happens, I will encounter a community that has been influenced by S2 Games to be more welcoming and friendly. In the mean time, there is always League of Legends, which is made by the very people who were responsible for the creation and success of Defense of the Ancients.