○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oh Yes Ban 'Em!

I just opened up my League of Legends client on the Personal Computer to get some awesome player-versus-player action going before I head to bed when I saw this news entry! I am very impressed that Riot Games is keeping its promise of creating a friendly environment while playing the game:

"...the past week alone, over 1,000 players have had their accounts suspended for poor behavior, player harassment, and other breaches of League of Legends Terms of Use. If you're a stickler, our TOU can be found here, but remember that we've provided you a blueprint for how a good player behaves..."

Wow! This is one of the reasons why LoL is light years ahead of Heroes of Newerth. Still, I am being a bit unfair because I haven't played HoN for a while but judging from the recent live streams that I have watched, the overall interactions between players seem to remain very poisonous, negative, and devoid of common courtesy. It looks like all of my hard work with reporting players with nasty behaviors is not insignificant after all. Others should be encouraged to do the same - don't allow yourself to be abused without that instance being reported! This marks the second time that Riot Games announced such a thing - they really want to make sure we know that they are really listening to us. The Summoner's Code is just so very easy to follow... So make sure that you are always on the right track while playing the game!

A news update that is more exciting than a new champion announcement? No way!

No comments: