○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PlayStation Move Navigation and Attachment

I got two PlayStation Move accessories today: The Navigation Controller and well as the official Shooting Attachment. Let's talk about the latter first because this device impresses me so. I really dig the design - the top transparent portion of the gun is removable so that you can easily slot your PlayStation Move controller in from above. The gun controller just looks cool and it's perhaps the nicest looking one I have ever seen. Red is never my favorite color but for some reason it works paired with the strip of white lining the back portion of the device. Since I plan to pick up The Shoot and Time Crisis: Razing Storm - and I do hope that there will be more light gun games coming to the platform - the Shooting Attachment is a no-brainer addition to my gaming setup.

The bulb from the PlayStation Move adds to this attachment's futuristic look.

With all of the high praises I have given to the PlayStation Move, I am on the other hand quite disappointed with the Navigation Controller. I like that it has double the amount of input keys on it (plus the brilliant addition of a directional pad) compared to the Nunchuk on the Nintendo Wii, but the fatal blow here is its girth.  The controller's vertical thickness runs consistently from top top bottom, making for an uneven grip in your palm. The Nunchuk has an ergonomic curve on the back portion that falls right into the hand grip so naturally and the Navigation Controller is seriously lacking this. It just feels a bit awkward. I am sure that I will get used to it after a while but Nintendo won this round. I will be putting the Navigation Controller to the test when I pair it up with the Move to play though Heavy Rain again since it received a Move patch last month.

It's a bit too stiff. At least it's wireless...

No comments: