○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Games Alert: Japanese Shmup Love

Of course just after my recent complaint about Sony's stupid content license management, two great PSOne shooters are made available on the PlayStation Network Store. I had to get both of them, naturally, since I am absolutely nuts about the genre. The first is Cho-Aniki: Kyukyoku Muteki Ginga Saikyo Otoko and if you have never heard of the Cho Aniki games before - I have even written a a special article on one of them here - it's about time that you get yourself acquainted with this infamous franchise. It's a shoot-'em-up where you control a flying human and the game is notorious for trying to be as homo-erotic as possible. Don't be scared though... If you are sure about yourself, you will find much to enjoy from this very odd game. Besides, man-love should be more than tolerable in this day and age. The second is Gaia Seed: Project Seed Trap. This one is more of a conventional shmup but with a little twist: you don't die immediately when you get hit by bullets or obstacles. Instead, your ship has a shield that actually regenerates over time! So as long as you are good enough to not get hit every single second - which can get tricky though this game is easier than most in the genre - you should be able to avoid a quick death. I look forward to more Japanese shmups being released on the PSN Store... Well, it's probably the only way Sony could get me to buy something from there.

Nice warp effects in Gaia Seed. I absolutely love fancy 2D effects..

Cho-Aniki madness: One of the most horrifying bosses in a shoot-'em-up ever!

No comments: