○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Games Played 01/20/2009

Castle Crashers - X-Box 360
Radiant Silvergun - SegaSaturn
Söldner-X: Himmelssturmer - PlayStation 3
Sonic Unleashed - X-Box 360
Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel Without a Pulse - X-Box
WipEout HD - PlayStation 3


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Speed Punks (2000)
Developer: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe & Funcom
Platform: PlayStation
Purchase Date: 05/19/2000


Don't let the big purple hair fool you. This is a great racing game.

Just like the recently featured Urban Reign, the real value behind Speed Punks to me is associated with what I was going through during the time of its purchase. It had to undergo a major surgery and a day after, I received this as a gift. I was in a lot of pain then and having this game on my PlayStation console brought me some needed relief. The game itself is very enjoyable and it ranks as one of the better kart-racing games out there - yes, that includes the Mario Kart series. The graphics are vibrant, colorful, and still looks pretty when I played it today. You get the usual weapon power-ups and speed boost tokens/pads but the character personalities are quite memorable. The game supports a 4-player split screen mode for those who have many local gamer friends.

LIBRARY STATUS: 5 out of 5

No comments: