○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, January 15, 2009

December 2008 Monthly Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:




Total Games Played: 64

After 4 months of dominating the top spot, Ikaruga was finally defeated by Culdcept Saga. This was due to how close I was to completing my card collection and with the persistence shown last month, I was able to do just that and more. I still haven't grown tired of Ikaruga at all - even if I take away the competitive Leaderboards element to the game, it would still be a blast to play. I just love the game's ability to provide the player with a complete experience in one sitting - a beginning, a middle, and an end - something that is rare to find these days.

I completed the Gears of War 2 story mode last month, half of it via online co-op. I have never been big on deathmatches but I wouldn't have minded playing them with my friends but they are mostly hooked on the Horde mode. I really can't blame them for that, Horde is addicting in small doses.

I wanted to gain 100% completion with Culdcept on the PlayStation 2, thus its repeated use in December. I am not even close though - this version is harder than Saga. Lego Batman was great - the story mode was funny and I completed both the hero and the villain missions. I just need to go over these completed stages again to look for secrets and the likes. The game is still in my X-Box 360's HDD and I plan to keep it there until I am able to unlock all of the game's collectibles.

Best New Game of the Month:
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (PlayStation 2)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
Söldner-X: Himmelssturmer (PlayStation 3)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
Theresia (Nintendo DS)

No comments: