○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Games Played 01/08/2009



RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Urban Reign (2005)
Developer: Namco Ltd.
Platform: PlayStation 2
Purchase Date: 09/26/2005


There's no shortage of enemies in this game through all 100 missions.

This beat-'em-up is mediocre at best but it holds a very special place in my heart because of the circumstance surrounding its purchase. I was out of town on a business trip and was feeling home sick - to make the situation better, I decided to head to a local Best Buy to pick up several games and this was one of the games I purchased. Buying new games is an exciting thing for me and it helped me a bit with coping with the loneliness I was experiencing at that time... Now, back to the game: The problem with modern brawlers such as Urban Reign is that they get a bit too long thus becoming repetitive very quickly. Points can be spent on your character's attributes at the end of the stage and the actual fighting has a Tekken-lite feel to it: these two things are fun to tinker with but all I really want is another Streets of Rage 2. Is that too much to ask?

LIBRARY STATUS: 4 out of 5

No comments: