○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, July 31, 2011

L.G. Origins: First Fancy Television

The first high definition display I ever owned was a 32" Sony CRT and I got it about a year after I picked up the original X-Box console. That television however was not my first "fancy" TV. It was actually this one:

Isn't she a beauty?

The Toshiba 20AF41 is sitting in the bedroom at the moment and despite it being connected to a DVD player, it's hardly ever being used these days. This television was my first dedicated gaming display and I remember feeling extremely excited about it when I got it in 2001 because it has component and s-video inputs. When I connected my consoles via those inputs for the first time, I was thrilled to see how sharp they looked. Since I have been gaming on the Personal Computer for a while though, I have seen better in terms of graphics resolution of course but I never thought that non-Dreamcast console games could look so good! Sure, what I have now is infinitely superior but the 20AF41 will always occupy a special place in my heart for I have had many, many, many happy moments sitting in front of it. As a matter of fact, I think I may host a cuddle session with the spouse and watch a movie in the bedroom tonight to honor its presence.

No comments: