○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Epic Gaming Moment: Fireworks Extravaganza

Today is the first day that I actually played Toy Story 3 for the PlayStation 3 that I inducted into my Game Library during the Memorial Day weekend back in May - yeah, that was quite a while back. I haven't watched the actual movie yet but I really am liking how this game doesn't feel like the formulaic movie license title because of its open-ended gameplay design. There is this virtual town that is filled with quests and things to unlock and it is here that an epic gaming moment occurred. Every time a quest is completed, the whole screen is filled with pretty fireworks and colorful confetti to celebrate your success. These frequent and truly momentous gameplay punctuations are absolutely nothing short of epic because they are extremely pretty and they make you feel super special. It is sort of like leveling up in a massively multiplayer online role playing game when your character just burst into some crazy explosion but only a million times more spectacular. If these fireworks shows were to accompany the unlocking of achievements on the X-Box 360 or the trophies on the PS3, I would have been a shameless and dirty chie/phie whore for sure.

Is that even necessary? It's like you've beaten the whole game.

No comments: