○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kool Kommunity Website!

Today, Rain, another downloadable character, has been released for NetherRealm's incredible Mortal Kombat for the PlayStation 3 and the X-Box 360. I downloaded it of course and thus far, I have not missed a single additional downloadable content for this game. I know that I haven't discussed much about the game here but I want to take this opportunity to say that this is definitely the best Mortal Kombat game thus far. I am not a fan of how the finishing moves are being presented - the camera keeps cutting to different angles and distances to showcase the gory deaths - but at least a majority of them are very entertaining to watch. To me, all fatalities should be presented in one continuous camera shot and only one character in the entire game has that kind of fatality - Kenshi. Whenever I boot up this game, I would normally head straight to the ladder match or the story mode but today, I decided to mess around with the options screen and it was there that I noticed a reference to a community website for the game: themortalkombat.com.

Kitana has always been my favorite MK character.

It was cool that NetherRealm actually created this website and though there's nothing too special about it - it just tracks your gameplay statistics in addition to being another place where the fans of the game can gather - the website does add another layer of polish to the game. The lesson for today: never forget to play around with the options screen on a game's main menu. You never know what krazy things you might miss out on.

No comments: