○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Last Day of Summer Camp

Today is the last day of Steam's Summer Camp Sale and though I didn't spend too much on the actual offerings, I had a blast earning tickets to enter the sweepstakes for the grand prize where 100 Steam users will get the top ten games on their wish lists. The coolest thing here is that one doesn't even have to pay a dime to enter the contest because you can earn 10 tickets by just doing some silly Steam-related activities. I tried to convince some of my console-obsessed friends to participate but apparently the thought of getting free games are just too much for them. I guess since Steam achievements - the best kind of achievement system ever - don't stack up to show some meaningless number or status like they do on the PlayStation 3 and X-Box 360, they are just not worth the time and effort. Hopefully they'll change their minds before time runs out. If I was a gamer who didn't have a gaming computer, I would still open a Steam account and stuff my wish list full of games and start earning the easy free tickets just for the opportunity to win some games that I may play in the future.There are also cute little prizes that you can get using your accumulated tickets as well - including one full game. I will miss the Steam Summer Camp because it was the only saving grace for this disastrously hot and sticky summer weather.

I am leaving camp with 21 tickets and 7 prizes!
I hope those will be enough tickets to win me the grand prize.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I felt like a kid in the candy store. I had my eye on so many packs, including the sims 3.... I wanted that one the most because it was a darn good price... but sadly I only ended up spending 5.98 on the 2 fallout new vegas expansions...

I wanted some previous games I already have on ps3 as well but my hubby always says" why you wanna buy that when you already have it".... I just can't get it through to him that a gamer loves to experiment on all systems, lol.

Loner Gamer said...

Yeah, non-gaming spouses are clueless about us gamers. It was a great sales event but I just didn't have enough cash to get everything that I wanted. Good luck on the grand prize, Kelli - we both know that we could use the 10 extra games lol.

Kelli said...

I wanted a little more than 10 games :)