○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Failed Random Game of the Day

I was going to feature Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare for the X-Box yesterday but I encountered the dreaded screen of filth:



I looked at the disc carefully and saw no imperfections. I searched for the official troubleshooting guide and found that this problem may sometimes be caused by the corrupted save file of the game. So I deleted the save file - ouchies - and the game still didn't work. I proceeded to play several other games to make sure that my X-Box is still working properly. All the other games played fine. I browsed several forums and saw that it may be a problem with the DVD drive recognizing certain games. There is no way that a game disc just sitting in its case, left in pristine condition becomes unplayable all of a sudden. So it may be my X-Box but I am going to play more games on it to see if it needs to be replaced. I hope not. Maybe it was just having an off day yesterday... We know how fickle Microsoft products are.

No comments: